Monday, September 7, 2009

recovering from conjunctivitis

decided to blog this in english because there are so many people i'd like to thank, and hopefully they will see this when they come across to my blog..

thank you everyone who are always by my side and constantly praying for my conjunctivitis+skin allergy condition. I think i'm gradually recovering from conjunctivitis! yay yay~ less itchy and my eyes are less reddish now =) no contact lens for the rest of september though...

WARNING: gross pictures regarding my conjunctivitis+skin allergy ahead..please make sure you're not eating while reading my blog..

.

.

.

.

.

.




my conjunctivitis was pretty serious last week...it was super itchy and occasionally painful, with yellowish and sticky discharge that was constantly flowing out from my eyes, and i just couldn't stop tearing. was absent for most of the lectures coz bacterial conjunctivitis is highly contagious..went for some compulsory stuffs eg group meetings and group presentation, but it was super dreadful experience. got pretty depressed last week coz my skin and eyes were super itchy, and these distracted me from doing my work+hanging out with my friends.
it was pretty embarassing when you do your presentation in the class with super red+ swollen + teary eyes..maybe those people would think : wah this international student got bullied by her group members is it? so poor thing.. haha i'm just crapping..that's my favourite group okayyy :P
yeah so this is poor evelyn last week:

you can actually see the yellowish discharge on my left eye. looks pretty nasty isn't it?


reasons for having this dreadful conjunctivitis could be:
1) i scratched my body ( including my butt okay okay okay i know i'm unhygienic! i was NOT directly scratching my butt anyway zzz) during my sleep, and randomly rubbed my eyes and TADAHHH~~ hello to conjunctivitis. So make sure you dun simply scratch here scratch there then randomly rub your eyes okay! you'll never know what sorts of scary germs happily playing around and reproducing on your fingers!

2) as you all know, i wear contact lens pretty often...apparently the frequent putting on/taking off my contact lens action actually makes my eyes more sensitive coz it would more or less do a bit of "damage"(it's a big word u know, so have to put inverted commas) /scratching to my eyes, hence making it more vulnerable to germs and stuffs, despite being extra hygienic.

after visiting the doctor last week (wed), i went to the chemist (a.k.a. pharmacy in malaysia) to buy the medication prescribed by my doctor. however my condition didn't improve at all (by right i should be recovering in 5-7 days). so i heeded my mum's advice to contact auntie elizabeth (my dad's friend who is a nurse) on saturday and told her about my condition. She was so super nice you know, she gave me stronger medication (which are really specifically for bacterial conjunctivitis) on that day, plus saline solution for me to clean my eyes each time before i put my eye drops. She seriously saved me from being helpless and panic and depressed.



eye drops, eye ointment and saline solution. She gave me some of the curry puffs she made too!



so this is me on monday (yesterday)..call me rabbit tan! but looked MUCH better already.






and this is me TODAY!






oh and and and...chun chin and lawrence came to visit me on sunday...so sweet of them! they gave me some really good stuffs as well.

she actually gave me some lemons she grow in her garden! (still thinking what to do with these lemons besides making honey lemon drink everyday, hehe)..she also bought me some oranges for me to replenish more vitamin C!

oatmeal! chun chin told me to bathe with oatmeal+water coz the sodium laureth sulphate in normal bathing gel may aggreviate my skin allergy condition. Did a bit of research online, apparently oatmeal bath is good for many kinds of skin problem eg eczema and psoriasis. it's soothing and itch relieving, honest!




and natural fruity gummies!! so nice! chun chin says :"this is good because it's made of real fruit juice, without any preservative." so happy *immediately grabbed one and chewing happily now*




Helen B. from FOCUS called me yesterday and asked whether i'm feeling better now and if i need any help just call her. I was really surprised and touched..it's great to know tt there are so many people concern me..thank you mirosha for calling me since saturday just to make sure i'm alright...thank you every every everyone that prayed for me, especially my parents back in malaysia who were very worried about my condition. thank you keene for listing me as a prayer item during CGF prayer meeting..thanks for remembering me in prayer even though i serve in a different church now. Thank you phyllis, marian, sarah, mary and ALLLL coursemates out there who cared so much for me and encouraged me when i was feeling down.


在家靠父母,出外靠朋友这句话是真的呢。


oh and most importantly, thank you Lord for guiding me and letting me know that i should not take things for granted. It's all by God's grace that we can wake up everyday and use our eyes to see things, it's all by God's grace that we can do all sorts of things. It's amazing to see how God works within us through hardships. When everything seems to be so hopeless, He actually made this an opportunity for me to rebuild a better relationship with Him..coz He's the only one i could depend on, and He's my source of comfort.

wow, it's really a long post and i guess i have to wrap it up soon. hope u guys can continue to pray for my skin condition...it's getting crazy since 3 days ago and i couldn't sleep well coz my whole body was itching.

my right leg. it's actually redder than what u see in the picture.



my super itchy right hand...it's also actually redder than it seemed. it's becoming red spots today..instead of a big red patch..



till then..

No comments: